FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS) FOR NURU YANGU SCHOLARSHIP AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
1. What is Nuru Yangu Scholarship and Mentorship Program?
Answer: NMB Foundation established the Nuru Yangu Scholarship and Mentorship Program to support education with the aim to break the cycle of poverty and develop the next generation of leaders through increased access to secondary and university education.
We look to ignite the potential of young people who are thirsty for knowledge, dreaming of a better tomorrow and have a desire to make a difference in the world. This is an achievement based scholarship and mentorship program targeting students from low-income communities who are exceptional and can commit to making an impact in their communities and the country.
Successful applicants are granted full scholarship, which covers;
2. How do I apply?
For undergraduate students all are done on-line via link (https://foundation.nmbbank.co.tz/ ) OR visit the website go to the NMB Foundation link NMB then go to the education pillar.
For A-level scholarship a candidate will be required to complete application form that can be downloaded from (https://foundation.nmbbank.co.tz/ or collected from any NMB Branch. A completed form will be submitted to any branch closer to applicant’s residence. Below notes to be taken for consideration;
NOTE 1: Ensure you read and understand all the guidelines on the application form before you complete and submit.
NOTE 2: Complete the form and submit at any nearby NMB branch at your residential area.
NOTE 3: All candidates meeting the said criteria have equal opportunity for the program.
NOTE 4: Ensure all the required documents are also submitted with the application form.
NOTE 5: Ensure you complete the form with correct information, all forms with false information will not beconsidered for further application.
3. When do I apply?
Application will be opened from May 19th 2022 to September 30th 2022, 4:00pm hrs.
Application will be open from May 19th 2022 to June 10th 2022, 4:00pm hrs.
4. How do I know I am eligible to apply?
Answer: If you meet the criteria mentioned below you will be eligible.
5. What documents should I submit with my application?
6. In which language should I submit my application?
Answer: Application forms must be completed in English.
7. Can I apply for scholarship before being accepted into a university? (Undergraduate)
Answer: No, you must have been selected into one of the public accredited universities, or other recognized higher learning institutions in Tanzania to pursue undergraduate studies on a full-time basis in any of the fields under the Nuru Yangu Scholarship criteria.
8. Which fields of study are covered by this program?
9. Actuarial Science
10. Risk Management
12. Data Mining
8. What if I get an admission in a field of study not under the approved fields? (Undergraduate)
Answer: Scholarships are only for the courses that fall under approved fields of study, including other criteria.
9. What if I could not secure admission in Tanzania? (Undergraduate)
Answer: Scholarships are only for Tanzanian citizens admitted to public accredited universities, or other recognized higher learning institutions in Tanzania.
10. What will happen to my application after submission?
Answer: The selection committee will review all the applications and verify information through the respective authorities. After that, only successful candidates will be contacted.
11. Can I edit/update my application profile or upload documents after submission?
Answer: No, you will not be able to do anything with your application once submitted. Make sure you review your application and ensure you have filled in all fields correctly and submitted all relevant documentation before submission.
12. What can I do if I receive an error message during submitting my application?
Answer: Write your issue with screenshot of the error you are getting to the email address provided on the NMB foundation website (email@example.com)
13. Will I be able to follow up/know the status of my application? (Undergraduate)
Answer: No, once your application has been received you will receive a notification that it is successfully submitted. All contacts from NMB Foundation will be through firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, all successful candidates will be contacted within two months period from application closing date. If you are not contacted within this period then consider your application not successful.
14. What will be the next steps, if I am selected for the scholarship?
Answer: If you are successful, an NMB Foundation representative will notify you on the scholarship award and take you through the next steps. All contacts from NMB Foundation will be through email address email@example.com. For All successful A-level applicants all without email addresses will be contacted through their mobile phone indicated in the application forms.
15. How long is the validity of the scholarship offer?
For undergraduate, scholarships are valid for the duration of the degree program selected.
For A-level students, scholarship will be valid for two years.
16. What are the entitlements of selected candidate?
Answer: The scholarship covers all university students direct costs, tuition fees and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, books and stationery allowance, field practical training and special faculty requirements) as specified in the respective university costs structure. The awardee will also be provided with one laptop.
Stationaries, full tuition fee, transport to school and back home (for boarders),up-keeping allowance(where applicable), health insurance (NHIF card) and other requirement as per joining instruction.
17. What if I fail one course(s) of study or one year of study? Will I still be covered by the
Answer: As long as the overall pass mark is acceptable as per the Terms and Conditions, you will still be covered by the scholarship program.
18. Can I apply for this scholarship if I have an admission from a private University or private
school in Tanzania?
Answer: No, scholarships are only for public accredited universities, or other recognized higher learning institutions and public schools.
19. Can I apply for a scholarship if I have an admission from a university outside Tanzania?
Answer: No, scholarships are only applicable for public accredited universities, or other recognized higher learning institutions in Tanzania.
20. Does the scholarship also pay for family assistance for married students with family?
Answer: No, the scholarship award doesn’t cover for family upkeep.
21. Can I follow up in person at NMB Foundation for responses on my application?
Answer: No, all contacts from NMB Foundation will be through firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, all candidates will be contacted within two months period from application closing date. If you are not contacted within this period then consider your application not successful.
22. Will I be required to pay any fee as part of this application or scholarship?
Answer: No, NMB Foundation will NEVER ask you to pay any fees for application nor scholarship. Successful applicants are granted full scholarship, which covers all university direct costs for tuition fees and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, books and stationery allowance, field practical training and special faculty requirements) as specified in the respective university cost structure.
23. Will I be required to provide my financial information as part of this application?
Answer: NO, NMB Foundation will never ask you for any financial information as part of this application.